ADVANCE ONLINE SALES ENDS 1:00PM on the day of the concert!!! MUST BE 21 years or older to attend.
JAZZ AT THE CREEK 2018
Benefitting Mandate Project Impact's Youth Employment Training Program!
Hotter, Smoother and Jazzier than ever......with a taste of R&B, Latin Funk and an international Reggae beat, this year's showcase is certain to set your musical soul on fire!!!!!
Now in its 7th year, this outstanding new generation of jazz, Jazz at the Creek has ignited the interest of international artists and jazz enthusiasts alike!
Unique on the San Diego jazz scene in setting as well as purpose, this concert series which has made its mark in the area, draws crowds from across San Diego County, Southern California and neighboring states.
Jazz at the Creek will take place on Saturdays from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on May 26, August 11 and October 13, 2018, at the Market Creek Plaza Amphitheater located at 310 Euclid Avenue, San Diego CA 92114. Doors open at 2:00pm with fantastic Food & Beverages and upscale Merchandise on sale.
RETURNING this season to Jazz at the Creek...Sanctuary Lounge:
For the patron that seeks a VIP experience second to none, our VIP Cigar and Cognac Lounge, featuring premium label liquors, hand rolled cigars as well as premium brands for you to enjoy in a tented and hosted environment with event sponsor Donna Hale and the team from Sanctuary Lounge!!! We are also extending our premium services to our seated VIP Dinner/Concert patrons, where our wait staff will take your beverage orders at your seat.
Nothing can compare to the open air and energized performances from our roster of jazz artists coming to the stage in 2018!
May 26th - "Legends"
Kevin Toney (Founding Member Of The Blackbyrds) and
Friends featuring Ray Parker Jr and Reggie Calloway (Founding Member Of Midnight Starr)
With special Guest Dominique Toney
Julian Vaughn (Guitarist) - Opener
August 11th - "Grown & Sexy"
Kenny Lattimore (Singer) - Headliner
Reggie Codrington (Saxophone) - Showcase
Rick Parma (Saxophone) - Opener
Miguel A. Nunez Jr. - Celebrity Guest
October 13th - "International Funk"
Poncho Sanchez (Latin Jazz Percussionist) - Headliner
Danny Kusz (Saxophone) - Opener
General Admission: $40 Advance / $50 At the Door
VIP Dinner/Concert Package for One: $80 Advance / $90 At the Door
Combo Plate. Please advise if you require Vegetarian. Dinner courses begin to be served at 4:00pm.
Group of ten (10) General Admission: $350
Purchase this group of 10 tickets to receive this savings of $5.00 off each ticket. NOT SUBJECT TO ANY OTHER DISCOUNT OR SALE.
[Photo Gallery BELOW - Artists & Seating Views]
In a city where the majority of jazz concerts take place indoors at clubs, hotels, libraries and the like; or at very large outdoor arenas and concert venues; Jazz at the Creek offers an intimate outdoor setting along the banks of Chollas Creek in the beautiful Market Creek Amphitheater, where the stage is set into the creek bed. Great food, people, jazz music and the outdoors merge to bring an unforgettable experience!
This series brings Jazz with PURPOSE:
It affords an opportunity for those who are community involved, as well as jazz enthusiasts in general, to come together in a multicultural setting where they can socialize and network as they enjoy great music.
Any net proceeds from Jazz at the Creek goes to fund youth employment training via Mandate Project Impact, Inc.'s Mentorship/Internship Program. A portion of the proceeds will go to a program which provides weekend food packages to chronically hungry elementary school students from low-income households, whose only meals are provided at school. The Food 4 Kids Backpack Program is implemented under the San Diego Food Bank.
This concert provides real-life working experience as well for participants in Mandate Project Impact Inc.'s "The Music Experience - Mentorship/Internship Program," where students learn first-hand what it takes to produce a major concert, as they train to become next-generation music industry professionals.
Open at 2:00 p.m.- Check out some our fantastic food, merchandise and information vendors for the October 13th concert:
- BT Express BBQ: BBQ Pull Pork, Pull Chicken, & Ribs. Teriyaki Chicken Rice Bowl. Spicy Sausage, All Beef Hot Dogs & Polish Sausage. Seasoned Fries, Coleslaw (Southern Style), Baked Beans (Country Style). Bottled Water & Sodas
- Diva's Way: upscale women's clothing & hats
- Informational Booths: BBVA Compass, The Solar Concierge
- Herbs of Eden: fragrance oils, essential oils & incense plus diffuser
- Butterfly Dreams / Image Seed: Unique gifts, jewelry, artwork / Photography business
- Ugly Hands Productions: Jazz & Blues original art on apparel: T-shirts, hats, wall art
- Ne Ne Collectibles: original hand crafted art on handbags, jewelry,wooden boxes, T-shirts, jewelry, coffee mugs, poetry books
- JIV Designs: original fine hand crafted jewelry for men & women
- Stoned Out Jewelry: one of a kind custom handmade necklaces, custom garments...unique for women
- MB Jewelry Designs / Diana's Unique Boutique: handmade shawls & jewelry
- B.L.A.C.K. (Bases Loaded Authentic Clothing and Kaps): black apparel and memorabilia to help to promote black history and raise money for and awareness of black historical museums across the country
Please share our website with all your friends and family: www.jazzatthecreeksd.com
Please comment on our Facebook page: JazzAtTheCreek.
***Jazz at the Creek is part of Mandate Project Impact Inc. "The Music Experience" working in collaboration with M.A.N.D.A.T.E. Records, Inc., MandateProjectImpact